How do I open the strap on Orp?
Check out the image below . Grab the Strap Tab and pull up and away from the hard plastic saddle that the strap locks into.
Also, check out The getting to know your Orp Video on the front page of the Orpland website . This instruction is right in the beginning of the video.
Click here: Getting to know your Orp.
Will I be immune to car crashes from now on if I use an Orp?
Sadly, no, but Orp can help make you more visible by making you more hearable. Always wear a helmet, obey the traffic rules and stay alert.
Don’t pass on the right at intersections. It’s smarter to hang back and let that car go ahead of you even if they slow you down, stop you and/or cut you off. It may also be better to take the whole lane when you can. Remember, even a small car weighs over a ton and you do not want to get in a tangle with that kind of mass.
My Orp seems to be dead…
This could be three things:
1. Make sure you Power Up your Orp. Press the Power/Mode switch on top of your Orp for 3 seconds. You will hear the Power Up sound,
Now try the tail, Up for the Friendly sound/ Down for theLoud sound.
2. If that does nothing, your Orp may be completely out of power.
Charge it up. Now go back and try number 1.
3. If your Orp is not charging, meaning the Red Battery indicator light is not coming on , then try using a different micro USB to USB cord that you know works.
It is rare that the cord would be bad, but it is possible. We’ve seen one. Contact us at Orpland.com and we will get you a new cord.
Why did you guys put this Sleep or Coma Mode in Orp?
We put the sleep mode in Orp for two reasons:
1. So you can Power Down your Orp and remove from your bike without accidentally firing the friendly sound. If you don’t Power Down, then yours does provide you with a good anti theft feature because if you leave Orp on your bike while running into to a store or similar and your Orp is in ear shot you will hear your Orp being removed if it is not powered down.
2. By Powering Down your Orp, you can place your Orp in a bag and not have an accidental power depleting light turn on or horn firing.
I can’t see the green Battery Indicator light on my Orp?
You must have a Red Orp. On the Aorta Red Orp, the Red skin knocks out the green light. When charging your red Orp, it is fully charged when the red light goes off. Contact us at info @ Orpland.com if it’s something else.
I can only get one sound out of my Orp. What’s Orp, I mean, up?
You may have a bad toggle. This is the part that actuates your Orp’s horns. Check out this video to remove the skin of your Orp, and let us know.
If it is a toggle issue, this is an easy fix and Orp Industries will send you a new toggle. Send this request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t worry if you make thing’s worse. We will back you Orp , I mean, up.
Something with the WailTail seems broken. Help?
You may have a bad toggle or it’s just out of joint. The Toggle is the part that actuates your Orp’s horns. Check out this video to remove the skin of your Orp, and let us know.
If it is a toggle issue, this is an easy fix and Orp Industries will send you a new toggle. Send this request to email@example.com. Don’t worry if you make thing’s worse. We will back you Orp , I mean, up.